Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Michael Clarke, Australia Test Vice-captain, Witnessed No Signs of Match-fixing in Sydney Test


Australian vice-captain Michael Clarke says he had no suspicions over Pakistan's performance against Australia in their Sydney Test earlier this year.

Pakistan held a 206-run lead on the first innings in the match before collapsing in its second innings to lose by 36 runs.

Pakistan team management has told an inquiry into its team's disastrous tour of Australia that it believes players may have been involved in match fixing in the Test.

But Clarke says his side never suspected anything.

"I'm trying to remember back, the Sydney Test, it was a wonderful Test win. I can only talk for me personally, I certainly had no suspicions," he said.

"I guess the one thing I know about Australian cricket is we always play positive, aggressive cricket and we always seem to put as much pressure on opposition teams as possible.

"So for me looking back it was a wonderful Test match and a huge win for us but I certainly had no suspicions."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Looking for something else ... Search below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic